When you’re traveling solo, it can be easy to feel out of place and vulnerable. One way to combat this feeling is to keep a set of emergency supplies handy, including a ziplock baggie full of essentials like money, identification, and your passport. But what if you’re driving?
The Benefits of Ziplock Bags for Travelers
While it may not seem like a big deal to some, the act of putting a ziplock bag on your car mirror can actually be quite helpful when traveling alone. Not only is it a visual reminder to always keep your belongings safe and secure while on the road, but it can also help you avoid potential theft or damage.
Here are just a few of the benefits of using a ziplock bag when traveling:
-It helps keep your vehicle clean and free from debris.
-It makes it easier to see what’s inside your vehicle in case you need to retrieve something quickly.
-It acts as a deterrent against theft, as thieves will likely avoid working with an unsecured object.
How to Make the Most of Ziplock Bag Travel
Ziplock bags are a great way to store your belongings while traveling. Here are three tips for making the most of this versatile bag:
1. Store items that you don’t need on a regular basis in a small bag inside your ziplock. This will keep them organized and easy to find.
2. Use the ziplock bag as an impromptu storage container for small items like keys, phone chargers, and wallet cards. This way, you’ll never have to search for these items during travel time.
3. Use the ziplock bag to organize your work or school materials before leaving for your trip. This way, you’ll have everything you need when you arrive without having to carry any extra baggage.
The Downsides of Ziplock Bag Travel
There are plenty of reasons why you might not want to bring a ziplock bag on your next trip – they’re bulky, they take up space, and they can be a nuisance if you have to open them multiple times while you’re on the go. But if you’re traveling alone, there are even more reasons to steer clear of these bags. Read on for five reasons why ziplock bags are a terrible idea when traveling solo.
1. They’re bulky. Ziplock bags are notoriously bulky, and that’s especially true if you’re traveling by car. Not only do they take up a lot of space in your trunk, but they also tend to get in the way as you try to drive. Plus, if something falls out of the bag and onto the road, it’s going to be very difficult (if not impossible) to clean up.
2. They’re annoying to use. When it comes time to actually use your ziplock bag, there’s always the risk of having to fumble around inside it for whatever item you need.
Putting a ziplock bag on your car mirror can help you stay safe while traveling alone. If someone spots you and begins to follow you, they may think that you are carrying valuable items with you and could attempt to rob or kidnapping you. By having something of value visible from the outside world (in this case, your car), it will make it more difficult for someone to take advantage of you.