Do you dread the thought of having to clean your car engine with water? If so, you’re not alone! Water can be messy and can cause damage to your car’s engine. In this article, we’ll show you how to clean your car engine without using water.
What You’ll Need
To clean an engine without water, you’ll need: a bucket, shop towel, engine cleaner, rag, and a bit of elbow grease. Start by filling the bucket with cold water and soaking the rag in it. Swirl the rag around the bottom of the engine to loosen any dirt or debris. Apply the engine cleaner to the rag and scrubbing with circular motions. Make sure to work around the bolts and other hard-to-reach places. When you’re done, rinse off the engine cleaner with cold water and dry off the area.
How to Do It
There is no need to use water when cleaning your car engine. All you need are some materials that you can find at home or in a hardware store. Here’s how to do it:
1. Move all of the objects out of the way so that you have plenty of room to work.
2. Open the hood and place a large piece of cardboard on the ground under the car. This will help keep debris from falling onto the engine.
3. Pour a small amount of dishwashing liquid into a spray bottle and mist it over the engine surface. Be sure to get into all crevices.
4. Place a piece of paper towel over the top of the engine and rub it in a circular motion until the cleaner is gone.
5. Wipe off any excess cleaner with a clean piece of paper towel and replace the cardboard under the car.
If you’re anything like most people, you don’t like the idea of water getting anywhere near your car’s engine. But cleaning it with a little bit of alcohol can be a breeze. Here’s how:
1. Open the hood and locate the drain plug. Pull it out and discard it.
2. Turn off the car and disconnect the battery before proceeding.
3. Pour a bottle of alcohol into the engine bay and set a pan on top of it to catch any spills.
4. Start the car and wait until it reaches operating temperature before proceeding.
5. Use a vacuum cleaner to remove any debris from the engine bay floor.
6. Pour a layer of oil over the cleaned area, wait 10 minutes, then start the car and drive away.