Honda is one of the most popular automobile brands in the world, and they are known for their reliable engines and quality cars. One common maintenance task that Honda owners need to take care of is regularly flushing their brake fluid systems. Here’s a guide on how much Honda charges for this service.
What is Honda brake fluid flush and why is it important?
Honda brake fluid flush is a routine maintenance procedure that ensures your Honda’s braking system is working properly. Improper brake fluid flush can lead to reduced stopping power, decreased pedal response, and increased wear on your Honda’s braking system components. Typically, Honda charges $129 for a brake fluid flush.
How Honda brake fluid flush is performed
Honda recommends a regular brake fluid flush to keep your brakes in good working order. The process of Honda brake fluid flush is simple and straightforward- just follow these steps:
1. Shut off the engine and remove the parking brake.
2. Locate the master cylinder by locating the two hoses connected to it. One is near the front of the car on the drivers side, and the other is near the back on the passenger side.
3. Remove the cap on top of the master cylinder and unscrew it.
4. Use a container to catch all of the brake fluid that comes out of the master cylinder. Be sure to replace this container once you are finished with the flush.
5. Fill up the reservoir at least three-quarters full with new brake fluid and screw on the cap.
6. Reconnect both hoses to the master cylinder and reattach the parking brake.
7. Start the engine and check for leaks- if there are any, repeat steps 2-7 until everything is fixed.
Honda recommends having your brakes checked at least every 6 months and flushing them every 3 years or 30,000 miles, whichever comes first.
The cost of Honda brake fluid flush
Honda charges $129 for brake fluid flush. This service is offered as a standard maintenance item on most Honda models. The brake fluid flush is necessary to ensure that the braking system is operating at its best.
How long will it take to perform Honda brake fluid flush?
Honda brake fluid flush will usually take around 30 minutes to complete.
What to do if your Honda does not have a brake fluid flush kit
If you have a Honda vehicle and your brakes do not seem to be working as well as they used to, it may be time to take it in for a brake fluid flush. This is a relatively simple procedure that can help your braking system function more efficiently. Here are the costs associated with a brake fluid flush on a Honda:
The cost of the brake fluid flush will vary depending on the make and model of your Honda vehicle, but on average it will run you around $100.